Monday, March 5, 2012

Lenten Devotion

Since Ash Wednesday, I've been going to a website called Journey to the Cross. On this site, they provide a daily devotion for Lent. I find that some days, these devotions are just what I need to keep me focused on God that day, and help me to prepare for the joy that is Easter. Here is an excerpt from Saturday's devotion:



"How can you tell?"

That's a fair quesition whenever someone makes a prediction of what is going to happen, or even when they give an explanation for what is happening now. 

There are signs for those who will see them.  Take time now to watch for the signs God has for you.

Psalm 25:6-10

Remember, LORD, your great mercy and love,
   for they are from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth
   and my rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me,
   for you, LORD, are good.
  Good and upright is the LORD;
   therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
He guides the humble in what is right
   and teaches them his way.
All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful
   toward those who keep the demands of his covenant.



from Bruce Reyes-Chow

I still remember once getting caught in a lie by my mother. I told her i was in one place when i was in another, and i got busted... big time.  As a parent now, I can imagine how she felt - worry, mixed with anger, topped with disappointment.. I'm not sure how she ever forgave me, let alone let me out of the house again. But she did and, while i had to serve my time being grounded, in the end I was forgiven.  Once she felt that I was trly sorry and some time had passed, it was as it it never happened.  

Now I am sure that she never truly forgot, and was always keeping a little closer eye on me as I grew up, but she never held it against me. Go too is like that, when we mess up, God may get worried, angry, or disappointed, but God's love overrides it all; our faltering is not held against us. Wen you mess up or when you make choices that are not the best, God forgives and allows you to keep trying. So when you do find yourself in those kinds of struggles, be humble in seeking forgiveness, and be bold in living as God intends. 


If you'd like to participate in these daily devotions as well, I encourage you to visit www.d365.org/journeytothecross

No comments:

Post a Comment